celtic fantasy fiction & more

13 January 2011

magical horse


As I continue in my own writing endeavors, I thought I'd share some artistic depictions of various magical horses.  Above is a tragic scene titled Unicorn in Captivity, one of the many famous tapestries in a series, which can be found here on wikimedia.

On a happier note, this is another classic, titled Virgin and Unicorn by Domenico Zampieri.  A common theme has portrayed young women with unicorns, which often symbolized both virility and purity.




Another glorious magical horse being, the pegasus, is shown here by Odilon Redon.  He painted more than one work of this magnificent creature so I'll enter two, again courtesy of wikimedia.





In closing {for now -- there are many more 'fantastic' images I'd like to share in future} here is a "plain ole" horse... because they, too, are magical beyond belief {and click to enlarge the photo, it is truly amazing - courtesy of wallpaper-s.org}





No comments:

Post a Comment